*Micro-dermabrasion is a progressive, non-invasive resurfacing treatment that removes the dull, rough, outermost layer of the skin using a diamond tipped wand to reveal more supple, vibrant skin underneath. The wand is quickly moved over the surface of the skin, using suction that gently draws up dead skin thus aiding in the exfoliation of the skin.
*We are one of the few skincare clinics in Vancouver to offer Microdermbrasion together with LED Light – the light can be programmed to the colour best suited to your skin. Each colour does something different; the most popular are red for anti-aging (think collagen and elastin stimulation) and blue for acne. The wand provides for a two in one treatment!
*Micro-dermabrasion will assist in cleansing the pores, stimulating collagen production and aids in evening out the skin’s texture and overall tone. It will enhance the skin’s absorptive abilities and maximize the beneficial effects of other professional skin care services, making it an excellent service to have performed before many other treatments.
Micro-dermabrasion can be performed on the face, neck, upper chest, hands, shoulders, back, arms and legs.
*Results may vary
Other benefits include
- Rejuvenates sun damaged skin – The sun can cause a number of issues including sun/brown spots, wrinkles and dryness; Microdermabrasion will help to freshen up your skin.
- Diminish Brown Spots – Microdermabrasion will work to stimulate new cells to replace the damaged ones (caused by sun damage).
- Painless – Our microdermabrasion works with a diamond tip with filter and function; it is painless and there will be no down time.
- Improves the look of fine lines and wrinkles – Regardless of your age, microdermabrasion will soften creases and wrinkles.
- Works quickly – Microdermabrasion is a fast technique with immediate results.
- Makes other cosmetic procedures work better – Microdermabrasion can be combined with other procedures such as chemical peels to rejuvenate your complexion. It also helps makes your skin more receptive and ready for topical products to penetrate through the surface layer.
- Helps makeup look smoother – By ridding your complexion of dead skin cells and smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, microdermabrasion lets your makeup glide on for a flawless finish.
- Gives acne treatment the advantage – Microdermabrasion opens up clogged pores that lead to acne, ridding your skin of anything that should not be there and leaving cleaner, smoother skin behind. It also opens the door for topical anti-acne treatments, making it easier products to penetrate the skin.
- Improves acne scars – Softening the top layer of your skin with microdermabrasion can smooth very superficial acne scars by removing the skin’s dead cells on the surface of your skin and improving the smoothness and texture.
- Shrinks pores – With regular treatments Microdermabrasion will work to shrink pore size.
*Results may vary